International Society of Comparative Education, Science and Technology
Who we are
We are a scholarly association dedicated to promoting comparative education, science and technology, and as well as enhancing the academic status of these fields.
We also seek to deepen our understanding of educational, scientific and technological issues, trends and policies through comparative, national and international perspectives.
ISCEST exits to promote teaching and cross-disciplinary research in education, science and technology.
Our major goal is to strengthen the theoretical basis of comparative studies in education, science and technology and applied those understandings to policy and implementation issues in Nigeria, Africa and other comparable settings.
To promote teaching and cross-disciplinary research in education, science and technology; to facilitate research publications; network with other professionals and professional organisations; and to support research students, organize conferences, workshops and meetings and being a resource to national policy makers.
ISCEST exits to promote teaching and cross-disciplinary research in education, science and technology
President, ISCEST Nigeria
Professor Steve Azaiki is the President of the International Society of Comparative Education, Science and Technology Nigeria and Chairman of the 2015 ISCEST Conference. He is the President and Vice Chancellor of Institute of Science and Technology-Yenagoa. He serves on the governing board/council of a number of organizations including Federal University of Technology, Ondo State, Niger Delta University, Bayelsa State.
He is also a visiting Professor/Fellow to a number of Institutions including the Institute of Petroleum Studies, University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria, the International Personnel and Management Academy, Kiev, Ukraine. He holds a PhD in Agriculture and is currently a Professor of Plant Protection in Agronomy at the Institute of Potato Research, Ukrainian Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Nemishaeve, Ukraine.
- Prof. Omokaro Obire (President Elect)
- Prof. Edit Chuku (Vice President)
- Dr. Lucky Eleanya (Secretary)
- Dr. Elei Green (Organizing Secretary)
- Dr. J.O Williams (Treasurer)
- Dr. Douglas S.I (Director of accounts)
- Dr. Patrick Chuke (Publicity Secretary)
- Mrs. ConstanceOmo - Ikosomi (Assistant Secretary)
- Marie Theresa Teibowei (Assistant Publicity Sec)
- Dr. Ngozi Okoro (Southwest)
- Abubakar Idris (Overseas cordinator USA)
- Prof. Chinaka Chris (South east)
- Prof. Elizabeth Achine-Nworgu (Overseas coordinator Europe)
- Prof. Patrick Erhabor (North)
- Celestine Ikuenobe (Director of Mobilization)
- Amadi Mgbenihu (Student interest group)
- Dr. Stanley Akele
- Chief Lawal Africas
- Izontimi Otuagha
- Dr. E.A Amadi
- Akare Igoni
- Dr. Natalia Olali
- Franklyn Osagie
- Tovie Bello
ISCEST INTERNATIONAL ADVISORY & EDITORIAL BOARD
- Prof Ibibia Dabipi, University of Maryland Eastern Shore, USA
- Prof David Turner, University of South Wales, UK
- Prof Adebiyi G. Daramola, Federal University of Technology, Akure, Nigeria
- Prof Macleans A. Geo-Jaja, Brigham Young University, Utah, USA
- Emeritus Prof Ayebaemi Ibuteme Spiff, University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria
- Dr Elizabeth Achinewhu-Nworgu, Birkbeck University of London, UK
- Dr Ikponmwosa E. Ewaen, University of Lagos, Nigeria
- Prof Nikolay Popov, University of Sofia, Bulgaria
- Prof Valentine Ayobore Aletor, Elizade University, Ondo State, Nigera
- Prof Omokaro Obire, Rivers State University of Science and Technology, Nigeria
- Prof Gertrude Shotte, Middlesex University, UK
- Prof Mobolaji Aluko, Federal University Otuoke, Bayelsa State, Nigeria
- Professor Paul Miller, University of Hull, UK
- Prof Humphrey Ogoni, Niger Delta University, Nigeria
- Prof Kenoye K. Eke, Lincoln University, Pennsylvania, USA
- Prof Isiaka Adekunle Amoo, Federal University of Technology, Akure, Nigeria
- Prof Joseph A. Ajienka, University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria
- Prof Kyryk M. Mykolayovych, Ukrainian Agricultural Academy, Kiev, Ukraine
- Prof Michael Horsfall Jnr, University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria
- Dr Zehlia Babaci-Wilhite, University of California-Berkeley, USA
- Professor Jibrila Dahiru Amin, Federal University, Dutse, Jigawa State, Nigeria